Spotlight May 2020
- Category: Spotlight
This month we are highlighting various resources and sites that may be entertaining or helpful while we are spending more time at home.
STEM @ Home Resources from NASA for grades K-4, 5-8, 9-12, and more.
Many museums, aquariums, and parks are offering virtual exhibits, tours, and web cams. Here are some:
- The British Museum
- Guggenheim Museum
- J. Paul Getty Museum
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Live Cams
- Museum of Modern Art
- Georgia Aquarium
- Grand Canyon National Park
- National Gallery of Art
- San Diego Zoo
- Yellowstone National Park
- Yosemite National Park
Find other museums at Google's Art & Culture site
The Smithsonian Institution has lots of resources, information and items to explore, including virtual tours, virtual exhibits, and web cams.
- Digital resources
- Online events
- Animal webcams
- Explore Your Interests
- Fun Stuff for Kids and Teens
Numerous orchestras, operas, choruses, and musicians are offering recorded or live shows for free. Here are some selections:
- Musical Explorers from Carnegie Hall has resources for teachers and activities for families.
- The Metropolitan Opera has a nightly free stream
- Livestreams & Virtual Concerts from Billboard.com
- ClassicalMPR: Free classical concerts you can listen to and watch online from Minnesota Public Radio and has a concert schedule and a list of on-demand concert libraries
- The best live-streamed and archive classical concerts available online from Classic FM
National Association of Consumer Advocates offer many resources for consumers, including debt collection.
Spotlight contains links to sites that we think provide interesting information. While we like highlighting good content, The FoolProof Foundation does not intend this spotlight to be an endorsement of any products or services mentioned in them.