Spotlight September 2018
- Category: Spotlight
From Consumer Reports:
- P2P Payment Tip: Who You Should Send Money To
- P2P Payment Tip: The Key Privacy-Protecting Security Features
- P2P Payment Tip: Double Check Recipient Information
- P2P Payment Tip: Why You Shouldn't Use Peer-to-Peer For Business Purposes
- P2P Payment Tip: How Knowing an App's Policies Will Help You
Did You Know? Schools Can Share Your Children's Personal Information Without Your Consent
This article from the Privacy Rights Clearinghouse describes what schools can share and how you can opt out.
Safer School Supplies: Shopping Guide
While many school supplies don't contain toxic or dangerous chemicals some do. This guide from U.S. PIRG can help you buy safe school supplies.
The Car Book's Snapshot Guide to Electric Vehicles
This guide from the Consumer Federation of America provides descriptions of the types of vehicles, charging, and key features of currently available vehicles.
A Reverse Mortgage Primer
This article from the National Consumer Law Center describes who should consider a reverse mortgage, how it works, whether it is a good idea, and more.
Spotlight contains links to sites that we think provide interesting information. While we like highlighting good content, The FoolProof Foundation does not intend this spotlight to be an endorsement of any products or services mentioned in them.